Renewal by Andersen Los Angeles Complaint
I'm sure we'll get a canned response displaying concern and empathy - but the truth will be my follow up response to what will actually happen after this.
We purchased 5 windows, one of which was custom (8’ high) at a significant cost - and much more expensive than competitive products.
However, our decision was based on Andersen’s commitment to product excellence and customer satisfaction which was mentioned numerous times during the sales presentation as well the Andersen corporate website.
EVERY single window had flaws (poor product quality) and installation problems. I understand perfection isn't possible, but total imperfection of product and installation isn't acceptable regardless of product/ service.
It’ll be 2 weeks this Friday following an installation (Mar 27 start) that took one week. Our experience thus far has been atrocious – ranging from installation to rectifying product quality issues as well as getting firm dates on several items that have to be re-ordered.
During this time period, we’ve received written confirmation of all the issues from the project manager (Jason Dort), but only after pursuing him via numerous emails, texts, and calls. However, he’s waiting to “discuss further with his supervisor”. The commitment to expedite replacements is 5 weeks since production is “very, very busy” even though the deliverables were inferior quality (obvious flaws) and a sliding window with the wrong specs.
Subsequently our residence is in complete disarray and future scheduled projects have been stopped until the window portion can be completed. We’ve also had to reschedule an important family event to find an alternate venue, incurring another expense.
The lack of understanding our sense of urgency is appalling – we’ve tried contacting the “Owner/President” (Vance) for several days only to find out he’s “out of the country” – which isn’t mentioned on his voicemail? The next ‘in-charge’ was Tom Bacon, again we’ve left numerous messages and then to find out he was returning from a trip and then in the emergency room. No one physically answers the phone although after randomly selecting extensions, we’ve also left details on our issues after which each person has assured us of a call back. We have not. Since agreeing to our purchase, the salesperson has been the only one to promptly respond to calls.
Please find below a very abbreviated list of issues:
• Replace kitchen French door
• Replace large fixed center glass (92” x 72”)
• Replace large window screen doors
• Re-order patio slider with correct opening
• Reimbursement for damage which includes hose, sprayer, wall-paper, wood flooring
• Clean composite deck
• Caulking all interior trim on door headers
• Drywall repair and touch up painting
Resolution should involve:
• Expedite production and installation of replacement items
• Establish specific schedules for all touch-ups (painting, caulking, etc.) and cleaning
• Check for home damage items that we need to purchase
• Compensation for having to take additional time off for the necessary repairs and installation of incorrect door sent originally.
• Compensation for the re-scheduling of planned home repairs, event and aggravation
Our neighbor received an estimate for their window project ($52,000) but decided on another option after asking about our experience.
We are disappointed with the experience and having been 'sold' on high standards which obviously do not exist.
CONTACT THIS BUSINESS
BUSINESSES REPLY HERE
- this company was horrible their...
- NEVER USE Windstream!
- Horrible, horrible horrible in every way!
- Minasi Construction / Subcontracting work from them
- horrible experience
- Ride the TRAIN!!
- DO NOT BUY ANY OF THEIR LAPTOPS!!!! THEY ARE DEFECTIVE AND THEY WONT FIX THE PROBLEM!!
- NEVER AFFILIATE WITH THIS COMPANY!!!!
- u verse
- Horrible service
- Lowes horrible place to work!
- GO SOMEWHERE ELSE !!!!!
How It Works
COMPLAINTS RESOLVEDThousands of Businesses of all sizes and millions of customers use MeasuredUp
It's free and easy to put MeasuredUp to work for you
Torrance, California 90501